Glenn Miller - At Last!

1/8/07

Is it too good to be True?


I am always in the market for tools to assist in my metal work. Especially if they are affortable. I ran into this beauty; hoping its not just skin deep. Most good English wheels run about $600 - $1200 these days. If your on a budget like myself, those are some huge numbers that could take all year to save up. Lots of missing lunches.


Harbor Freight has had a reputation for "not so good" machines in the past, but I do know by experience they have been trying to improve on thier stuff over the years.


Read on for the specifications!

Giant 27-3/4" throat capacity lets you fabricate compound curves on large pieces. Ideal for shaping, fabrication, smoothing dents or weld seams in fenders, hood and trunk panels.
Quick adjust lower anvil yoke for easy leveling
All steel construction
Will handle sheet steel to 16 gauge , copper and aluminum to 14 gaugeThroat capacity: 27-3/4"; Welded frame: 4" L x 2" W x 1/4" thick; Includes: Top anvil: 8" diameter x 2" W top anvil, Lower anvile: 3" diameter x 2" radius with dual sealed ball bearing mounts (additional anvils in picture sold separately); heavy duty welded steel stand with four 1/2" mounting holes and anvil die storage; Maximum height: 5 ft. 3/16" H; Overall dimensions: 40-7/8" L x 34-1/2" W x 25-1/2" H ITEM 95359-0VGA



I use all Harbor Freight (Central Pneumatic) air tools, hand tools and some machines. I'm very happy with them. I have broken only one tool, only because I dropped it.


Would I give this a chance for $350? (That includes the additional Anvils.)
I just might.
If you have this unit, please add comments to todays post. Thanks!


No comments: