Glenn Miller - At Last!

5/28/07

Slingshot Find !!! Part 1



My friend has a nice extensive "Museum like" collection of Model A and T parts, passed down by his father.

Over the weekend, My buddy and I cruise over to my friends's place to check out some Model T roadster stanctions to adapt to a 1923 Flint Cowl/modified body. Were tripping over parts and found in the corner of the attic is this aluminum intake that was assumed used for a Lincoln Flathead motor; using what looked like an early 4bbl Carburator. Out of curiosity, we pull it out to find it had raised script Edelbrock lettering and it was smaller (in size) than anticipated. Noticing it was for a flathead motor, the light flicked on excitement came all over us realizing what was in our hands; an Early Edelbrock Slingshot manifold missing the bolt on "Y" adapter. For the next 30 minutes, we scurried about trying to locate the missing piece with no success.

Were going to keeplooking for the top piece on another date. I'll keep you updated on the hunt to making this complete.

I attached a picture of the original Edelbrock Slingshot manifold....



No comments: